Offshore | Inshore | Redfish
I am young man who grew up with a very unique perspective in the fishing industry. As the son of well-known Captain Mike Frenette, I had the opportunity to grow and thrive in the footsteps of a saltwater legend while pursuing my own love and passion for the sport, the industry, and my family Business. Although I am comparatively young, I’m regarded among the most accomplished and experienced redfish anglers in the world with nearly 15 years of Professional Experience specializing in Trophy Class Redfishing for both Conventional and Fly tackle.
I studied Marketing at Southeastern Louisiana University and proceeded to work for my family business, assuring client satisfaction at the Redfish Lodge of Louisiana. I enjoy Fishing in various fishing conditions. Sometimes I’m in very shallow water, sneaking up to present a perfect cast on a tailing Redfish; other times I’m battling the rough winds and currents of the Mississippi River looking for the perfect ledge to drop my Jig. Regardless, I will be comfortable all day.
The knowledge and passion that I have developed over the years regarding our business would not be possible without my Brother, my mom, and my dad. My brother and I have a very close relationship and spend Much of our off time Exploring the Unknown of the Mississippi River Delta and the Surrounding Gulf of Mexico. My Parents are the Biggest Role Models in my life and have always shown me a path to follow my dreams. Now i have the opportunity to follow my passionate career choice while Working with them every day!
MICHAEL'S PROFESIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
XX Tournament Appearances
X World Records
• First Professional appearance at the age of 13, ESPN Redfish CupProfessional
• Youngest angler to win Professional Redfish Major Event
• Bassmaster College Series
• Current competitor in the Elite Redfish Series
• Attended Southeastern Louisiana University
• Graduated with a Marketing Communications Degree
• Appearances on Several Local and National media outlets
• Current Full-time Charter Captain at the Redfish Lodge of Louisiana.
• USCG license Certified